Comptroller-Elect Creates Advisory Council
Best and brightest from the accounting and business communities to serve as “kitchen cabinet” advisors
(Buffalo) – Erie County Comptroller-Elect Stefan Mychajliw announced the creation of the “Comptroller’s Advisory Council.” This “kitchen cabinet” group of business advisors will meet regularly to offer professional expertise on how to turn Erie County into a model of fiscal discipline. The group will also assist in the transition period prior to taking office on January 1st, 2013 and will review recommendations from the public and private sectors for available positions.
“I promised the people of Erie County that I would surround myself with the best and brightest fiscal professionals to best serve as their independent watchdog. These highly successful business leaders and Certified Public Accountants will serve as trusted advisors throughout the first year of our administration,” said Mychajliw.
A similar group of fiscal advisors served former Erie County Comptroller Alfreda Slominski, who met with Mychajliw following his victory in the special election and encouraged the Comptroller-Elect to create his own kitchen cabinet, which includes:
- Paul F. Ciminelli: Comptroller’s Advisory Council Chairman, Ciminelli Real Estate Corporation President and Chief Executive Officer
- Robert M. Glaser: CPA, Freed Maxick Managing Director and Chairman of the Board. Former Erie County Control Board Chairman
- Philip C. Kadet: CPA, Lumsden & McCormick
- Nancy Naples: Former Erie County Comptroller and former New York State Department of Motor Vehicles Commissioner
- Daniel C. Oliverio: Attorney, Hodgson Russ Firm Chairman and former Erie County Control Board Chairman
- Colleen DiPirro: Amherst Chamber of Commerce President and CEO.
- Alfred Hammonds Jr.: Former Deputy Erie County Executive
- Mark Hamister: The Hamister Group, Inc. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- Philip Corwin: MBA, Corwin Holdings LLC President, Erie County Development Industrial Development Agency and Buffalo Niagara Enterprise Board member
- Martha Lamparelli: Erie County “21st Century Commission” Chairwoman and Erie County Advisory Committee on Reapportionment Board Member
- Russ Gugino: Aide to former United States Congressman Jack Kemp
- Randall Best: Gernatt Asphalt Products, Inc. Vice-President of Business Development
“I was proud to back Stefan during his run for Erie County Comptroller and I am pleased to offer my professional support,” said Erie County Comptroller’s Advisory Council Chairman Paul F. Ciminelli.
“My mission is to be a strong leader, establish a vision for holding politicians accountable, and reducing fraud, waste, and abuse in Erie County government. These professional advisors will help guide our administration on achieving those goals,” added Mychajliw.